Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Vanessa Catherine Howells, M.D.
Medical Director, Preschool Clinical Programs, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Instructor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0018
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5104
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Vanessa Howells is an instructor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of children with mental illness, as well as adult psychiatry. She serves as medical director of Preschool Clinical Programs at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Howells received her medical degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in 2002. She completed residencies in psychiatry and child psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Philadelphia in 2005 and 2007, respectively.
She is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Medical Director, Preschool Clinical Programs, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Instructor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia (2002)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2005)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry Child Psychiatry (2007)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2009)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2008)