Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Jon K Meyer, M.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis, Psychotherapy, Sexual Disorders
Research Interests: Psychoanalysis
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0171
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1964)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (1967)
- St Elizabeth's Hospital - Commission on Mental Health Services / Psychiatry (1968)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science / Psychiatry (1969)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (1972)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsPsychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Process
Selected PublicationsMeyer, J. (1988). A case of hysteria: with a note on biology. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 36:319-346.
Meyer, J. (1988). The concept of adult psychic structure. 75th Anniversary Supplement, Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 36:101-112.
Meyer, J. (1991). The concept of adult psychic structure. In: Shapiro, T., ed., The Concept of Structure in Psychoanalysis. New York: IUP, pp. 101-112. (Reviewed in Am. J. Psychiatry, 151 (5), p. 772, 1994.)
Meyer, J., and Maletic, V. (1991). The clinical and theoretical structures of adult phobias. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, 11:333-350.
Meyer, J. and Debbink, N. (2003). Reanalysis in the career of the psychoanalyst. In: Wyman, H., and Wittenberg, S. eds., Festschrift for Milton Horowitz. Journal of Clinical Psychoanalysis, 12(1): 55-71.
Meyer, J. (2007). Training Analysis and Reanalysis in the Development of a Psychoanalyst. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 55: 1100, 1103-1128.
Activities & Honors
- Daniel Webster National Scholar, Freshman Chemistry Prize,Francis L. Town Scientific Prize, Phi Beta Kappa (Junior Year), Senior Fellow, Rufus Choate Scholar-Dartmouth College
- Denison Research Prize, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Erik Erikson Scholar in Residence, Austen Riggs Center
- Edith Sabshin Teaching Award, American Psychoanalytic Association
- American College of Psychoanalysts
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Canadian Psychoanalytic Association
- Center for Advanced Psychoanalytic Studies
- International Psychoanalytic Association
- Washington (DC) Psychoanalytic Society
- William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Society
- Chair, American Psychoanalytic Association
Board of Directors
- Chair, American Psychoanaltic Association
- Chair, International Psychoanalytic Association
House of Delegates
- President, American Psychoanalytic Association
- President Elect, American Psychoanalytic Association
- Secretary, American Psychoanalytic Association