Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Christopher James Hoffmann, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, German
Expertise: HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease
Research Interests: Care delivery primarily in low and middle income settings; Clinical management of HIV and TB
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Rockland Physician Practice and Research Group
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2900
10751 Falls Road
Falls Concourse Suite 412
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Dr. Christopher Hoffman is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include HIV/AIDS and infectious disease.
Dr. Hoffman earned his M.D. and M.P.H. from Oregon Health and Sciences University. He completed his residency at Johns Hopkins and performed a fellowship in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins.
His research interests include care delivery, primarily in low- and middle-income settings, and clinical management of HIV and TB.
Dr. Hoffman is a member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Physicians and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Oregon Health & Sciences University (2002)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (2005)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Infectious Diseases (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2008)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2005, 2017)
Activities & Honors
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- HIV Medical Association
an organization of medical professionals who practice HIV medicine
- Southern African HIV Clinicians Society
a membership organization of over 3,000 health care workers with an interest in HIV
- International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care
an organization representing HIV-treating physicians and allied healthcare professionals worldwide