Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Gregory Michael Pontone, M.D.
Director, Movement Disorders Psychiatry Clinic
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Geriatric Psychiatry , Neuropsychiatric Complications of Movement Disorders, Parkinson's Disease , Psychiatric Complications of Neurological Diseases ...read more
Research Interests: Neuropsychiatric complications of Parkinson's disease
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-502-2981
600 N. Wolfe Street
Phipps Suite 300
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director, Movement Disorders Psychiatry Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of South Florida College of Medicine (2002)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Geriatric Psychiatry (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Geriatric Psychiatry (2010)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2007)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsAnxiety disorders in Parkinson''s disease
- Pontone GM, Palanci J, Bienvenu OJ, Liang KY, Nestadt G, Rabins PV, Williams JR, Marsh L. Familial aggregation of panic disturbances in Parkinson's disease. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2011; In Press.
- Pontone GM, Williams J, Anderson K, Chase G, Goldstein S, Grill S, Hirsch E, Lehmann S, Little J, Margolis R, Rabins P, Weiss H, Marsh L. Anxiety and self-perceived health status in Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2011;17(4):249-254.
- Pontone GM, Williams JR, Anderson K, Chase G, Goldstein S, Grill S, Hirsch E, Lehmann S, Little J, Margolis RL, Rabins PV, Weiss H, Marsh L. Prevalence of anxiety disorders and anxiety subtypes in patients with Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 2009 May 7.
- Pontone G, Williams JR, Bassett S, Marsh L. Clinical features associated with impulse control disorders in Parkinson disease. Neurology 2006; 67:1258-1261.
- Benbadis S, Thomas P, Pontone G. A prospective comparison between two seizure classifications. Seizure 2001; 10:247-249.
Activities & Honors
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- Parkinson Study Group Mentoring Committee