Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Rachel B. Levine, M.D., M.P.H.
Rachel Beth Levine, M.D., M.P.H.
Core Faculty Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Colleges Advisory Program
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: General Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Dr. Levines research interests include medical education, advising and mentoring, communication and clinical skills training, faculty development and women in medicine. ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-3350
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Levine completed her undergraduate and medical school degrees at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada followed by residency training in Internal Medicine at the Boston University Medical Center. She then completed a 3 year fellowship in General Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital with a focus on medical education. She received an MPH from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Currently Dr. Levine spends the majority of her time teaching and advising medical students and coaching faculty to improve their teaching skills. She is core faculty in the Colleges Advisory Program (CAP) in the School of Medicine where she serves as a longitudinal advisor to over 20 medical students. Within the CAP she instructs medical students in the Clinical Foundations of Medicine course and directs faculty development for the Colleges Advisors. Dr. Levine’s other main role is co-directing the Johns Hopkins Faculty Development Program in Teaching Skills. This course is in its 26th year and offers longitudinal and limited programs in enhancing the teaching skills of clinical educators. Dr. Levine is the current Chair of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Department of Medicine Task Force on Women’s Academic Careers in Medicine. She is also very active on the national level through the Society of General Internal Medicine. Dr. Levine’s research interests include advising and mentoring, communication and clinical skills training, faculty development and women in medicine.
- Core Faculty Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Colleges Advisory Program
- Chair Task Force on Women's Academic Careers in Medicine-DOM
- Co-Director Faculty Development Program-Teaching Skills
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- McGill University Faculty of Medicine (1997)
- Boston University School of Medicine (2000)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2000)
Activities & Honors
- Mary O’Flaherty Horn Scholar in General Internal Medicine, Society of General Internal Medicine, 2007 - 2010
- Clinician Educator Award, Mid-Atlantic Society of General Internal Medicine , 2010
- Joan F. Giambalvo Scholarship Award, Fund for the Advancement of Women in Medicine, American Medical Association, 2010
- Educational Scholarship Award, Institute for Excellence in Education, 2015
- Society of General Internal Medicine