Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Khalil Georges Ghanem, M.D., Ph.D.
Deputy Director of Education, Department of Medicine, JHBMC
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic, French
Expertise: HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
MFL Center Tower Suite 378
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Khalil Ghanem, M.D., is board-certified in internal medicine and adult infectious diseases. His research interests include sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and the impact of hormonal contraception on the body's immune responses to these infections.
- Deputy Director of Education, Department of Medicine, JHBMC
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2000)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Infectious Diseases (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2002, 2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1999, 2009)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Outstanding Achievement in Teaching, Institute for Excellence in Education, 2015