Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Pat Carroll, M.D.
Christopher Patrick Carroll, M.D.
Director of Psychiatric Services, Sickle Cell Center for Adults
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Addiction Psychiatry Services, Adult Psychiatry, Opoid Pharmacology, Pain Management, Psychiatry, Sickle Cell Disease
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-6792
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director of Psychiatric Services, Sickle Cell Center for Adults
- Service Line Director, Intensive Treatment Unit
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2003)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Behavioral Pharmacology (2004)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2004)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Carroll CP, Haywood C Jr, Fagan P, Lanzkron S. The course and correlates of high hospital utilization in sickle cell disease: Evidence from a large, urban Medicaid managed care organization. Am J Hematol. 2009 Oct;84(10):666-70
Carroll PC, Haywood C Jr, Hoot MR, Lanzkron S. A preliminary study of psychiatric, familial, and medical characteristics of high-utilizing sickle cell disease patients. Clin Jb Pain. 2013 Apr;29(4):317-23
Carroll CP, Haywood C Jr, Lanzkron S. Prediction of onset and course of high hospital utilization in sickle cell disease. J Hosp Med. 2011 May;6(5):248-55
Carroll CP, Triplett PT, Mondimore FM. The Intensive Treatment Unit: A brief inpatient detoxification facility demonstrating good postdetoxification treatment entry. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2009 Sep;37(2):111-9.