Research in eating disorders is primarily in neuroimaging of eating disorders but also investigating biomarkers of starvation and weight restoration.
- Redgrave, G.W., Coughlin, J.W., Heinberg, L.J., Guarda, A.S., 2007. First-degree relative history of alcoholism in eating disorder inpatients: relationship to eating and substance use psychopathology. Eat Behav 8, 15-22.
- Coughlin, J.W., Edwards, R., Buenaver, L., Redgrave, G., Guarda, A.S., Haythornthwaite, J., 2008. Pain, catastrophizing, and depressive symptomatology in eating disorders. Clin J Pain 24, 406-414.
- Redgrave, G.W., Bakker, A., Bello, N.T., Caffo, B.S., Coughlin, J.W., Guarda, A.S., McEntee, J.E., Pekar, J.J., Reinblatt, S.P., Verduzco, G., Moran, T.H., 2008. Differential brain activation in anorexia nervosa to Fat and Thin words during a Stroop task. Neuroreport 19, 1181-1185.
- Reinblatt, S.P., Redgrave, G.W., Guarda, A.S., 2008. Medication management of pediatric eating disorders. Int Rev Psychiatry 20, 183-188.
- Bello, N.T., Guarda, A.S., Terrillion, C.E., Redgrave, G.W., Coughlin, J.W., Moran, T.H., 2009. Repeated binge access to a palatable food alters feeding behavior, hormone profile, and hindbrain c-Fos responses to a test meal in adult male rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297, R622-631.
- Coughlin, J.W., Edwards, R.R., Redgrave, G.W., Guarda, A.S., 2009. Pain severity in eating disorders predicts longer inpatient hospitalization. Int J Eat Disord.