Articles in Medical Journals:
1. Schuster MM, Nikoomanesh P, Wells D: Biofeedback control of lower esophageal sphincter contractions. Rendiconti De Gastroenterologia 5:14, 1973.
2. Engel BT, Nikoomanesh P, Schuster MM: Operant conditioning of rectosphincteric response in the treatment of fecal incontinence. New Engl J Med 290:646-649, 1973.
3. Schuster MM, Nikoomanesh P, Wells D: Biofeedback control of lower esophageal sphincter contraction in man. Third Internal Symposium on Gastrointestinal Motility. E.E. Daniel, editor, 1973.
4. Cerulli MA, Nikoomanesh P, Schuster MM: Progress in biofeedback conditioning for fecal incontinence. Gastroenterology 76: 742-746, 1979.
5. Gekas P, Nikoomanesh P, Smith G: Pancreatic ascites: A rare complication of distal splenorenal shunt. American J Surgery 138: 710-712, 1979.
6. Nikoomanesh P: Anal sphincter function in health and disease state. SGA 5 (2), 27-30, 1982.
7. Enck P, Whitehead WE, Shabsin H, Nikoomanesh P, and Schuster MM: Stability of myoelectric slow waves and contractions recorded from the distal colon. Psychophysiology 26 (1) 62-69, 1989.
8. Heitmiller RF, Nikoomanesh P, Ravich W: Esophageal motility in an adult with congenital H-type tracheoesophageal fistula. Dysphagia Journal 5: 138-141, 1990.
9. Lamport RD, Cheskin LJ, Moscatello SA, Nikoomanesh P: Sterile epidural and bilateral psoas abscesses in a patient with Crohn's disease. Amer J Gastroenterol 89, 1994.
10. Chami TN, Nikomanesh P, Katz PO: An unusual presentation of pill-induced esophagitis. Gastrointest Endosc 42 (31): 263-65, 1995.
11. Lamport RD, Cheskin LJ, Bender JS, Nikoomanesh P: Duodenal lipoma encasing the papilla: a rare cause of massive gastrointestinal haemorrhage. Illustrated Case Reports in Gastroenterol 1: 45-49, 1994.
12. Shone D, Nikoomanesh P, Smith-Meek M, Bender J: High incidence of malignancy in patients with gastric outlet obstruction. Amer J Gastroenterol 90 (10): 1769-70, 1995.
13. Schaefer DC, Nikoomanesh P, Moore C: Gastric Volvulus: An old disease process with some new twists. The Gastroenterologist 5 (1): 41-45, 1997.
14. Pande H, Nikoomanesh P, Cheskin L: Bile duct strictures. dMedicine Journal 5 (9), Sept 3, 2004.
15. Rosemore J, Nikoomanesh P, Lacy BE: Bilateral temporomandibular joint dislocation after PEG tube placement. Gastrointest Endos 59 (1): 146-147, Jan, 2004.
16. Rabiee A, Moreman K, Nikoomanesh P, Andersen D: Late failure of Frey procedure due to gastro-jejunal fistula formation. Pancreas 10 (4): 445-447, July 2009.
1. Craig R, Nikoomanesh P, Katz P: Same day colonoscopy (C) or flexible sigmoidoscopy (FS) plus upper endoscopy (EGD) is safe and cost efficient. Presented at the American College of Gastroenterology Annual Postgraduate Gastroenterology Course and 57th Annual Scientific Meeting, Miami Beach, Florida, October 27, 1992. Published in American Journal of Gastroenterology.
2. Lamport R, Moscatello S, Nikoomanesh P: Sterile epidural and psoas abscesses complicating Crohn's disease. Presented at the American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, October, 1993.
3. Shone D, Nikoomanesh P, Smith-Meek M, Bender J: High incidence of malignancy in patients presenting with gastric outlet obstruction. Presented at the AGA Meeting in New Orleans, May 1994.
4. Zayat EN, Bender J, Nikoomanesh P: Actinomycosis of the esophagus: Clinical, endoscopic, radiologic, and pathologic diagnosis and treatment. AJG 93 (9), 1748, September 1998.
5. Zayat EN, Nikoomanesh P: Cecal perforation following flexible sigmoidoscopic examination. AJG 93 (9), 1748, September 1998.
6. AbuJaudeh W, Zayat EN, Younes Z, Bender J, Nikoomanesh P: Transverse colon hematoma: A rare complications of PEG tube placement. AJG 93 (9) 1705, September 1998.
7. Jaffer SA, Guarino P, Pande H, Lacy BE, Nikoomanesh P: Compliance of Helicobacter pylori treatment in an inner city population. ACG Annual Meeting, October 2002.
8. Jaffer SA, Al-Khuraishi A, Chandra-Strobos N, Kittleson M, Nikoomanesh P: Cardio-pulmonary complications of colonoscopy in decompensated CHF patients with coronary artery disease. ACG 68th Annual Scientific Meeting, Baltimore MD, 2003.
9. Jaffer SA, Al-Khuraishi A, Chandra-Strobos N, Kittleson M, Nikoomanesh P: Should colonoscopy be performed in intensive care unit patientws with an acute non-Q wave myocardial infarct? ACG 68th Annual Scientific Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2003.
10. Velamati P, Studeman K, Nikoomanesh P: Metastatic prostate cancer presenting as occult gastrointestinal bleeding. ACG Annual Scientific Meeting, 2006.
1. Schell S, Nikoomanesh P, Harmon J: Current Surgical Therapy, Sixth Edition, 1998. Edited by John L. Cameron. Pp15-19, Mosby, Inc.
2. Nikoomanesh P, Jaffer SA: Advanced Therapy in Gastroenterology and Liver Disease, Fifth Edition, 2005, edited by Dr. Bayless and Dr. Diehl.
1. Biofeedback Control of Sphincter Reflexes to Treat Fecal Incontinence. American Gastroenterological Association Meetingt, New York, Nay 22, 1973.
2. Biofeedback Control of Lower Esophageal Sphincter Contraction in Man. Fourth International Synmposium on Gastrointestinal Motility. Banff, Alberta, Canada, September 1973.
3. Effect of Progressive Systemic Sclerosis on Electrical and Motor Activity of the Internal Anal Sphincter. American Federation for Clinical Research, Atlantic City, New Jersey, May 1976.
4. Progress in Biofeedback Treatment of Fecal Incontinence. American College of Physicians Regional Meeting, Sinai Hospital, Baltimore Maryland, October 1976.
5. Maitenance of Nutrition Status During Long Term Tube Feeding. American Federation for Clinical Research, Boston, Massachusetts, October 1976.
6. Control of Lower Esophageal Sphincter Pressure by Operant Condition in Man. Eastern Gut Club, New York, March 18, 1982.
7. Flexible Sigmoidoscopy for the Practicing Physician. The Health and Education Council and The Franklin Square Hospital, Baltimore, MD, March 1986.