Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Shannon Barnett, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Development and Behavioral Health, Child Psychiatry, Depression, Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-1925
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0086
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (1995)
- Duke University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (1998)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child Psychiatry (2000)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2002, 2017)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2001)
Research & Publications
- Treatment of children and adolescents with severe mood lability
- Impact on mood symptoms of treating co-morbid disorders such as communication disorders and learning disorders
- Psychosocial treatments that can be used to augment psychopharmacologic treatments
- Barnett SR, dosReis S, Riddle MA, and The Maryland Youth Practice Improvement Committee For Mental Health. Improving the management of acute aggression in state residential and impatient psychiatric facilities for youths. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry. 2002; 41(8):897-905.
- Barnett SR & Labellarte MJ. Practical Assessment and Treatment of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Adolescent Psychiatry. 2002; 26:181-214.
- Barnett SR & Riddle MA. Anxiolytics: benzodiazepines, buspirone, and others, in Pediatric Psychopharmacology. Edited by Martin, Schahill, Charney, Leckman. 2003. New York, Oxford University Press: 341-352.