Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Darius Anthony Rastegar, M.D.
Medical Director, Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Farsi, Persian, Spanish
Expertise: Hepatitis C Virus infection (HCV), HIV/AIDS, Internal Medicine, Substance Abuse
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2999
5200 Eastern Avenue
Mason F. Lord Building
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Darius Rastegar is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include hepatitis C virus infection (HCV), HIV/AIDS, internal medicine and substance abuse.
He serves as medical director of the Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Rastegar earned his M.D. from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his residency at Johns Hopkins.
- Medical Director, Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Associate Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1991)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1994)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1994, 2017)
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- “The Drug Suboxone Could Combat the Heroin Epidemic. So Why Is It So Hard to Get?,” The Washington Post, Jan. 13, 2015
- “5 Ways to Help Heroin Addicts,” The Washington Post, April 23, 2014