Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Adam Kaplin, M.D., Ph.D.
Adam Ian Kaplin, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Multiple Sclerosis, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-614-3307
600 N. Wolfe Street
Meyer Building Suite 121
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- MD PhD; Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2000)
Research & Publications
1. Investigating the biological basis of depression and cognitive impairment in autoimmune CNS diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis.
2. Developing novel treatments for depression that prevent the potential suicidality that has been associated with SSRI's and led to their black box warning.
3. Testing a novel treatment for cognitive impairment in MS by first testing it in an animal model of MS (i.e. EAE).
4. Developing a bioassay to predict responses in the use of High Dose Cyclophosphamide, which has shown unprecedented results in restoring function and stopping disease activity in pilot studies in MS.
5. Developing a novel technology to monitor patients subjective mental phenomena (e.g. mood, anxiety, pain, sleep, etc) in the outpatient setting.