I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Lauren Claire Berkow, M.D.
Associate Chief, Division of Neuroanesthesia
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Airway management; Neuroanesthesia
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-2611
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Lauren Berkow is an associate professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine and otolaryngology - head and neck surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology.
Dr. Berkow serves as the associate chief of the Division of Neuroanesthesia. She’s also the director of Airway Services and the director of the Supplies and Equipment for the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
She earned her M.D. from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She completed her residencies at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and Nassau University Medical Center East in East Meadow, New York. She completed her fellowship in anesthesiology at Johns Hopkins in 2000 and joined the full-time faculty.
Dr. Berkow's research interests include airway management and neuroanesthesia.
She teaches airway workshops at national conferences several times a year, and is involved in clinical teaching of anesthesia residents. She is an active member of the Society for Airway Management (SAM) and serves on its board of directors.
- Associate Chief, Division of Neuroanesthesia
- Director of Airway Services
- Director, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine Supply and Equipment
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine (1994)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center / General Surgery (1996)
- Nassau County Medical Center / General Surgery (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (1999)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2012, 2022)
Activities & Honors
- Society for Airway Management
- Board of Directors, Society for Airway Management
- Chair, Society for Airway Management, 2011
- Co-chair, Society for Airway Management, 2010
- Continuing Medical Education Advisory Board, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine