Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Irving Michael Reti, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Director, Brain Stimulation Program
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Depression, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) , Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences , Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) ...read more
Research Interests: Behavioral Neuroscience; Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation; Electroconvulsive therapy; Deep Brain Stimulation
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-614-1732
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director, Brain Stimulation Program
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Associate Professor of Neuroscience
- MD, Faculty of Medicine University of Sydney (1993)
- The Missenden Psychiatric Unit of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (1995)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2000)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2001, 2010)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsDeep brain stimulation, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Electroconvulsive therapy
- Crombag HS, Dickson M, Dinenna M, Johnson AW, Perin MS, Holland PC, Baraban JM, Reti IM (2008). Narp deletion blocks extinction of morphine place preference conditioning. Neuropsychopharmacology, in press.
- Reti IM, Crombag HS, Takamiya K, Sutton JM, Guo N, Dinenna ML, Huganir RL, Holland PC, Baraban JM (2008). Narp regulates long-term aversive effects of morphine withdrawal. Behavioral Neuroscience, in press.
- Wachtel LE, Kahng SW, Cascella N, Dhossche DM, Reti IM (2008): Electroconvulsive Therapy for Severe Catatonic Deterioration in an Autistic Girl with Mental Retardation and Self-injury: A Case Report. American Journal of Psychiatry. 165: 329-33
- Reti IM, Miskimon M, Dickson M, Petralia RS, Takamiya K, Bland R, Saini J, During MJ, Huganir RL, Baraban JM (2008): Activity-dependent release of Narp from vasopressin neurons into the systemic circulation. Neuroscience. 151: 352-60.
- Johnson AW, Crombag HS, Takamiya K, Baraban JM, Holland PC, Huganir RL, Reti IM (2007): A selective role for neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) in the processing of sensory-specific incentive value. Journal of Neuroscience. 27: 13430-5.