Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Irving Michael Reti, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Director, Brain Stimulation Program
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Depression, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) , Mood Disorders, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Research Interests: Behavioral Neuroscience; Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation; Electroconvulsive therapy; Deep Brain Stimulation
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-614-1732
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director, Brain Stimulation Program
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Associate Professor of Neuroscience
- MD, Faculty of Medicine University of Sydney (1993)
- The Missenden Psychiatric Unit of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (1995)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2000)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2001, 2010)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsDeep brain stimulation, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Electroconvulsive therapy
- Crombag HS, Dickson M, Dinenna M, Johnson AW, Perin MS, Holland PC, Baraban JM, Reti IM (2008). Narp deletion blocks extinction of morphine place preference conditioning. Neuropsychopharmacology, in press.
- Reti IM, Crombag HS, Takamiya K, Sutton JM, Guo N, Dinenna ML, Huganir RL, Holland PC, Baraban JM (2008). Narp regulates long-term aversive effects of morphine withdrawal. Behavioral Neuroscience, in press.
- Wachtel LE, Kahng SW, Cascella N, Dhossche DM, Reti IM (2008): Electroconvulsive Therapy for Severe Catatonic Deterioration in an Autistic Girl with Mental Retardation and Self-injury: A Case Report. American Journal of Psychiatry. 165: 329-33
- Reti IM, Miskimon M, Dickson M, Petralia RS, Takamiya K, Bland R, Saini J, During MJ, Huganir RL, Baraban JM (2008): Activity-dependent release of Narp from vasopressin neurons into the systemic circulation. Neuroscience. 151: 352-60.
- Johnson AW, Crombag HS, Takamiya K, Baraban JM, Holland PC, Huganir RL, Reti IM (2007): A selective role for neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) in the processing of sensory-specific incentive value. Journal of Neuroscience. 27: 13430-5.