Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Harry Abraham Silber, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Diseases, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Care Unit, Echocardiography, Heart Disease, Stress Testing, Transesophogeal Echocardiography (TEE) ...read more
Research Interests: Vascular Function by MRI; Non-invasive Assessment of Cardiac Filling Pressure
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-0270
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Harry A. Silber is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His clinical work specializes in cardiac disease and his research focuses on vascular function by MRI and non-invasive assessment of cardiac filling pressure.
Dr. Silber received a doctorate in biomedical engineering as well as a medical degree from Tulane University. He completed a residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania before being selected for a fellowship in cardiology at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2000.
Dr. Silber has published extensively and holds several patents for his research for cardiovascular disease.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine (1993)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Internal Medicine (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (1999)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2000)
Research & Publications
Methods to Assess Vascular Endothelial Function
Patent # 6,654,628
Method of Assessing Vascular Reactivity Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Patent # 8,788,013
Method of Assessing Central Arterial Stiffness Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging Patent
Patent # 9,265,439
Activities & Honors
- Young Investigator Award in Clinical Investigation, American College of Cardiology, 2000
- AHA Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology
- Medical Director, Cardiac Arrest Committee