Dr. Cho’s research focuses on molecular imaging, particularly positron emission tomography (PET) imaging, of prostate cancer and lymphoma.
He recently received a research grant from the Prostate Cancer Foundation to develop a new prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) test that uses PET scans to detect changes in prostate tumor size during experimental treatment. This imaging system has the potential to more specifically stage prostate cancer patients prior to initial therapy and determine those who might benefit from early aggressive therapy.
Other open studies use tumor imaging and dosimetry to study the effectiveness of I-124 PGN650 for treating advanced solid tumors, examine the effectiveness of stereotactic radiation therapy for pediatric sarcomas, and use PET quantitative assessments to examine how solid tumors respond to immune checkpoint blockade therapy.
Dr. Cho’s research endeavors have earned him awards and recognition, including a Young Investigator Award and a Creativity Award from the Prostate Cancer Foundation and a Research Scholar Award from the Radiology Society of North America.
- Cho SY, Chai JC, Park SJ, Seo H, Sohn CB, Lee YS. “EPITRANS: A database that integrates epigenome and transcriptome data.” Mol Cells. 2013 Nov 8. [Epub ahead of print].
- Cho SY, Lee BH, Jung H, Yun CS, Ha JD, Kim HR, Chae CH, Lee JH, Seo HW, Oh KS. “Design and synthesis of novel 3-(benzo[d]oxazol-2-yl)-5-(1-(piperidin-4-yl)-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)pyridin-2-amine derivatives as selective G-protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 and -5 inhibitors.” Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013 Oct 30. doi:pii: S0960-894X(13)01242-0. 10.1016/j.bmcl.2013.10.036. [Epub ahead of print].
- Cho SY, Lee HJ, Lee WI, Park TS. “Mean platelet volume according to the ethnic difference.” Int J Lab Hematol. 2013 Nov 11. doi: 10.1111/ijlh.12162. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Cho SY, Jeon YL, Kim W, Kim WS, Lee HJ, Lee WI, Park TS. “Mean platelet volume and mean platelet volume/platelet count ratio in infective endocarditis.” Platelets. 2013 Nov 8. [Epub ahead of print].
- Cho SY, Lee DG, Choi SM, Kwon JC, Kim SH, Choi JK, Park SH, Park YJ, Choi JH, Yoo JH. “Impact of vancomycin resistance on mortality in neutropenic patients with enterococcal bloodstream infection: a retrospective study.” BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Oct 29;13(1):504. [Epub ahead of print]
Stereotactic Radiation Therapy for Pediatric Sarcomas
Open-label, Single Arm, Tumor Imaging and Dosimetry Study of I-124 PGN650 in Advanced Solid Tumors
PET Quantitative Assessments of Solid Tumor Response to Immune Checkpoint Blockade Therapy
Evaluation of 18F-DCFBC PSMA-based PET Imaging for Detection of Metastatic Prostate Cancer
Evaluation of Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen (PSMA)-Based PET Imaging of Primary Prostate Cancer