Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Elizabeth Anne Kastelic, M.D.
Director, University Mental Health Services
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adolescent Medicine, Adult Psychiatry, Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director, University Mental Health Services
- Director, Adolescent and Young Adult Mood Disorders Inpatient Service
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (1997)
- Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic/UPMC / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child Psychiatry (2001)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2000, 2010)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (1999, 2009)
Research & Publications
- Hess SG, Cox TS, Gonzales LC, Kastelic EA, Mink SP, Rose LE, Swartz KL. A survey of adolescents' knowledge about depression. Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 2004 Dec;18(6):228-34.
- March J, Silva S, Petrycki S, Curry J, Wells K, Fairbank J, Burns B, Domino M, McNulty S, Vitiello B, Severe J; Treatment for Adolescents With Depression Study (TADS) Team. Fluoxetine, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and their combination for adolescents with depression: Treatment for Adolescents With Depression Study (TADS) randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2004 Aug 18;292(7):807-20.
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology. 2003, Oxford: University Press. Walkup JT, Ritter-Welzant J., Kastelic EA., Joshi N., Frosch E., Antidepressants III: Other Agents, Chapter 24: 295-308.
- Riddle MA, Kastelic EA, and Frosch E. Pediatric psychopharmacology. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines 2001, 42(1): 73-90.
- Kastelic EA, Labellarte MJ, and Riddle MA. Selective reuptake inhibitors for children and adolescents. Current Psychiatry Reports 2000, 2: 117-121.