- John J. Mallee, Mohamed G. Atta, Victor Lorica, Jong S. Rim, H. Moo Kwon, Anthony D. Lucente, Yi Wang, Gerard T. Berry. The Structural Organization of the Human Na+/Myo-inositol Cotransporter (SLC5A3) Gene and Characterization of the Promoter. Genomics, v46, n3, 459-465, December 15, 1997 .
- Jong S. Rim, Mohamed G. Atta, Stephen C. Dahl, Gerard T. Berry, Joseph S. Handler, H. Moo Kwon. Transcription of the Na+/Myo-inositol Cotransporter Gene is Regulated by Multiple Tonicity-Responsive Enhancers Spread over 50 kb in the 5'' Flanking Region. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 273 (32) 20615-20621, August 7, 1998.
- Mohamed G. Atta, Stephen C. Dahl, H. Moo Kwon, Joseph S. Handler. Tyrosine kinase inhibitors and immunosuppressants perturb the myo-inositol but no the betaine cotransporter in isotonic and hypertonic MDCK cells. Kidney international, v55, n3, 956-962, March 1999.
- Mohamed G. Atta, Joseph A. Eustace, Xiaoyan Song, Trish M. Perl, Paul J. Scheel, Jr. Outpatient vancomycin use and vancomycin-resistant enterococcal colonization in maintenance dialysis patients. Kidney international 2001 Feb; 59(2): 718-24.
- Michael J. Choi, Joseph A. Eustace, Luis F. Gimenez, Mohamed G. Atta, Paul J. Scheel, Jr., Renuka Sothinathan, William A. Briggs. Mycophenolate mofetil treatment for primary glomerular diseases. Kidney international 2002 Mar; 61(3): 1098-114.
- Mohamed G. Atta, J. Craig Longenecker, Derek M. Fine, Davinder S. Grover, Jean Wu, Lorraine C. Racusen, Paul J. Scheel, Jr., Ulrike M. Hamper. Sonography as a predictor of HIV associated Nephropathy. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 23: 603-610, May 2004.
- Derek M. Fine, Aravind Arepally, Lawrence Hofmann, Steven Mankowitz, Mohamed G. Atta. Transjugular kidney biopsy in the obese patients. Nephrology dialysis transplantation, 19(7):1798-802, July 2004.
- Mohamed G. Atta, Michael J. Choi, J. Craig Longenecker, Megan Haymart, Jean Wu, Nagapradeep Nagajothi, Lorraine C. Racusen, Paul J. Scheel, Jr., Frederick L. Brancati, Derek M. Fine. Nephrotic Range Proteinuria and CD4 Count as Non-invasive Indicators of HIV-Associated Nephropathy. American Journal of Medicine, Volume 118, Issue 11, Pages 1288.e21-1288.e26, November 2005.