I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Maureen M Gilmore, M.D.
Interim Chair of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Expertise: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Neonatology
Research Interests: Patient Safety; Neonatal Blood Pressure Autoregulation; Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS); Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE); Autoregulation monitoring and Prematurity ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0347
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5259
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Maureen M. Gilmore is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include neonatology.
At Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Dr. Gilmore serves as the medical director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and director of the Division of Neonatology.
Dr. Gilmore earned her M.D. from the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn. She completed her residency at the University of Rochester - Strong Memorial Hospital and performed a fellowship in neonatal perinatal medicine at Johns Hopkins.
Her research interests include neonatal abstinence syndrome, neonatal blood pressure autoregulation and patient safety.
Dr. Gilmore serves on the Perinatal Advisory Committee for the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and a member of the Maryland chapter of the AAP.
- Interim Chair of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Medical Director, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center (1991)
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester / Pediatrics (1994)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neonatal Perinatal Medicine (1997)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (1999)
Research & Publications
Dr. Gilmore’s research interest focuses on neonatal brain injury and neuroprotection, particularly in the use of non-invasive autoregulation monitoring and optimizing blood pressure. Other interests include reduction of neonatal infections and neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Clinical Trial Keywordsautoregulation, cerebral oximetry
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Maryland AAP
Fetus and Newborn Committee
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
Perintal Advisory Committee
- Member, Perinatal Advisory Committee, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS), Baltimore, MD
- Member, Fetus and Newborn Committee, Maryland American Academy of Pediatrics, Baltimore, MD
- Program Director, eNeonatal Review, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Steering Committee, Women’s Leadership Council, Johns Hopkins