Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Patrick Ikemefuna Okolo, M.B.B.S., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Chief of Endoscopy; Director, Pancreatitis Centre
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Clinical Gastroenterology, Colon Polyps, Digestive Diseases, Endoluminal Interventions in Children, Gallbladder Disorders, Gallstones, Gastroenterology, Innovative Endoscopy, Pancreatic and Biliary Disease, Pancreatic Cancer, Pancreatitis, Small Bowel Disease, Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction Surgery, Stomach Ulcer ...read more
Research Interests: Fistula and Wall Closure; Small Bowel Augmented Enteroscopy; Economic and Quality Issues in Endoscopy
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-933-7495
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2888
Green Spring Station
10755 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Johns Hopkins Health Care Center
Appointment Phone: 410-874-1400
1132 Annapolis Road
Odenton, MD 21113 map
Gastroenterology Fellowship: Johns Hopkins
Internal Medicine Residency: Indiana University
Rotating Internship: University of NIgeria Teaching Hospital
- Chief of Endoscopy; Director, Pancreatitis Centre
- Associate Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Nigeria (1988)
- Indiana University School of Medicine / Medicine (1994)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology (1998)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (1997, 2008)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsColon Force Monitoring, Augmented Small Bowel Enteroscopy, Submucosal Tunneling, Enhanced Imaging in Endoscopy
Activities & Honors
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- European Association for Translumenal Surgery
Videos & Media
The New Endoscopy Unit at The Johns Hopkins Hospital