Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Ingrid E Zimmer-Galler, M.D.
Medical Director, Wilmer Eye Institute - Frederick
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Languages: English, German
Expertise: Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, Ophthalmology, Retina, Medical Diseases, Retinal Detachment
Research Interests: Telemedicine; Diabetic retinopathy; Age-related macular degeneration
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Frederick
Appointment Phone: 301-620-9268
87 Thomas Johnson Drive
Frederick, MD 21702 map
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Ingrid Zimmer-Galler, M.D., is an associate professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute and medical director of Wilmer''s Frederick location. She specializes in retinal vascular diseases and vitreoretinal surgery and has led many initiatives in telemedicine involving retinal diseases.
Dr. Zimmer-Galler received her M.D. degree from Tulane University and completed her residency in ophthalmology at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. She then completed a retina fellowship at the Wilmer Eye Institute before joining the faculty in 1996.
- Medical Director, Wilmer Eye Institute - Frederick
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine (1989)
- Mayo Clinic Medical School College of Medicine / Ophthalmology (1993)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1994, 2015)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Aerospace Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Civil Aviation Medical Association, Board of Trustees
- Flying Physicians Association