Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Pamela T Johnson, M.D.
Residency Program Director. Department of Radiology
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Multidetector row CT; Protocol design and interpretation
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Pamela T. Johnson is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Vice Chair of Education and the Radiology Residency Program Director. Her area of expertise is Body CT, and her research interests include protocol design to optimize multidetector row CT.
Dr. Johnson is also actively involved in advancing high value practice as the Director of the High Value Practice Alliance and the Director of Appropriate Use in the Department of Radiology.
Dr. Johnson graduated Cum Laude from Harvard University in 1987 and earned her medical degree as a member of AOA from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA in 1991. She completed her residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital where she was elected Chief Resident and performed a fellowship in ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic image resonance imaging (MRI) at Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Johnson joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2005.
Dr. Johnson is a member of the Radiologic Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Association of University Radiologists, the Society of Abdominal Radiology and the American College of Radiology.
- Residency Program Director. Department of Radiology
- Vice Chair of Education, Department of Radology
- Director of Appropriate Use, Department of Radiology
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (1991)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1996)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital / Ultrasound (1997)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1996)
Research & Publications
Northcutt BG, Raman SP, Long C, Oshmyansky AR, Siegelman SS, Fishman EK, Johnson PT. "MDCT of Adrenal Masses: Can Dual-Phase Enhancement Patterns Be Used to Differentiate Adenoma and Pheochromocytoma?" AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Oct;201(4):834-9. doi: 10.2214/AJR.12.9753. PMID: 24059372 [PubMed - in process] Select item 24059362
Chu LC, Johnson PT, Cameron DE, Fishman EK. "MDCT Evaluation of Aortic Root Surgical Complications." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Oct;201(4):736-44. doi: 10.2214/AJR.12.10010. PMID: 24059362 [PubMed - in process] Select item 23770125
Kruse MJ, Johnson PT, Fishman EK, Zimmerman SL. "Aortic intramural hematoma: Review of high-risk imaging features."J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2013 May 10. doi:pii: S1934-5925(13)00105-6. 10.1016/j.jcct.2013.04.001. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23770125 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher] Select item 23642881
Mahesh M, Johnson PT, Fishman EK. "Dual-energy CT: is it ready for prime time?" J Am Coll Radiol. 2013 May;10(5):383-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jacr.2013.02.001. No abstract available. PMID: 23642881 [PubMed - in process] Select item 23601445
Pierorazio PM, Hyams ES, Tsai S, Feng Z, Trock BJ, Mullins JK, Johnson PT, Fishman EK, Allaf ME. "Multiphasic enhancement patterns of small renal masses (≤4 cm) on preoperative computed tomography: utility for distinguishing subtypes of renal cell carcinoma, angiomyolipoma, and oncocytoma." Urology. 2013 Jun;81(6):1265-71. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2012.12.049. Epub 2013 Apr 17. PMID: 23601445 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Select item 23452995
Activities & Honors
- AOA, Elected in Junior Year, Jefferson Medical College, 1990
- Outstanding Intern Award, Presbyterian Medical Center, Internal Medicine Internship, 1992
- Chief Resident, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Radiology Residency, 1995 - 1996
- Homar Branch Award for outstanding fellow, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Ultrasound/CT/MRI Fellowship, 1997
- Radiology Editors Award for Distinction in reviewing, 1997
- Radiology Editors Award for Distinction in reviewing, 1998
- Radiology Editors Award for Distinction in reviewing, 1999
- Radiology Editors Award for Distinction in reviewing, 2002
- Radiology Editors Award for Distinction in reviewing, 2007
- American College of Radiology, 1997
- American Roentgen Ray Society, 1992
- Association of University Radiologists, 2014
- Radiologic Society of North America, 1992
- Society of Abdominal Radiology, 2014
Videos & Media
When Do I Need a Non-contrast CT? 2012
What Am I Missing on a Non-Contrast CT?
When Do I Need A Delayed Acquisition?
When Do I Perform a Gated Chest CT?