Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Michael Polydefkis, M.D.
Michael James Polydefkis, M.D.
Director, Cutaneous Nerve Lab
Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy, Diabetic Neuropathy, Neurology, Peripheral Neuropathies
Research Interests: Clinical trials in peripheral neuropathy; Clinical trial design and biomarker development; Mechanisms of peripheral neuropathies; Developing treatments for nerve regeneration and neuroprotection in human subjects ...read more
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-502-2909
301 Mason Lord Drive
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Michael Polydefkis received his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He then became a Howard Hughes Medical Institute research fellow before returning to Johns Hopkins to complete an internship and residency in internal medicine, residency in neurology and a fellowship in neuromuscular diseases.
- Director, Cutaneous Nerve Lab
- Professor of Neurology
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (1998)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2000)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Junior Investigator Award in Diabetic Neuropathy, Peripheral Nerve Society
- Clinician Scientist Award, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Resident Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Diabetes Association
- American Neurological Association
- Peripheral Nerve Society
- Society for Neuroscience
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Weak muscles can put diabetics at risk on stairs, Reuters (10/28/2014)