I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
John Eng, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Clinical epidemiology; Evidence-based medicine and radiology; Radiology informatics, including customized image workstation functions; Statistical analysis of population-based longitudinal imaging studies ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2948
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. John Eng is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, and has an appointment with the Division of Health System Informatics. His area of clinical expertise is diagnostic radiology.
Dr. Eng received his undergraduate degree from University of Wisconsin and earned his M.D. from University of Wisconsin Medical School. He completed his residency in radiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Eng was a NIH Research Scholar at Howard Hughes Medical Institute and a Robert Wood Clinical Scholar at the RWJ Foundation at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Eng’s research interests are evidence-based medicine and radiology, clinical epidemiology and radiology informatics including customized image workstation functions.
Dr. Eng has been recognized by the Smithsonian Institution with the 1997 ComputerWorld Smithsonian Award for contribution to the development of Johns Hopkins Medicine Electronic Patient Record. He is a member of the Radiological Society of America.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Joint Appointment in Health Sciences Informatics
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School (1990)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1995)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1997)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1995)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Thawait GK, Chhabra A, Carrino JA, Eng J. "Magnetic resonance neurography research: evaluation of its effectiveness." Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 2014 Feb;24(1):257-61. doi: 10.1016/j.nic.2013.03.030.
- Woods RW, Eng J. "Evaluating the completeness of RadLex in the chest radiography domain." Acad Radiol. 2013 Nov;20(11):1329-33. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2013.08.011.
- Turkbey EB, Jain A, Johnson C, Redheuil A, Arai AE, Gomes AS, Carr J, Hundley WG, Teixido-Tura G, Eng J, Lima JA, Bluemke DA. "Determinants and normal values of ascending aortic diameter by age, gender, and race/ethnicity in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA)." J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 May 16:0. doi: 10.1002/jmri.24183.
- Bonekamp S, Halappa VG, Geschwind JF, Li Z, Corona-Villalobos CP, Reyes D, Bhagat N, Cosgrove DP, Pawlik TM, Mezey E, Eng J, Kamel IR. "Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: MR imaging after intraarterial therapy. Part II. Response stratification using volumetric functional criteria after intraarterial therapy." Radiology. 2013 Aug;268(2):431-9. doi: 10.1148/radiol.13121637.
- Bonekamp S, Li Z, Geschwind JF, Halappa VG, Corona-Villalobos CP, Reyes D, Pawlik TM, Bonekamp D, Eng J, Kamel IR. "Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: MR imaging after intraarterial therapy. Part I. Identification and validation of volumetric functional response criteria." Radiology. 2013 Aug;268(2):420-30. doi: 10.1148/radiol.13122307.
Activities & Honors
- ComputerWorld Smithsonian Award, Smithsonian Institution (for contribution to the development of Johns Hopkins Medicine Electronic Patient Record), 1997
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1996
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1997
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1998