Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Lynette Janice Mark, M.D.
Director, Difficult Airway Response Team (DART)
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-7519
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Lynette Mark is an associate professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine and otolaryngology – head and neck surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Mark received her medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine. She is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
She is director of the Difficult Airway Response Team (DART) and medical director of the Weinberg Surgical Suite.
- Director, Difficult Airway Response Team (DART)
- Medical Director, Weinberg Surgical Suite
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- George Washington University School of Medicine (1984)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (1988)
Research & Publications
- Baker P, Moore C, Hopley L, Herzer K, Mark LJ. "How do anaesthetists in New Zealand disseminate critical airway information?" Anaesth Intensive Care. 2013 May;41(3):334-41.
- Herzer KR, Lim C, Li M, Xie Y, Doyle PA, Cover R, Mark LJ. "Q-tip: from local quality improvement to national drug recall." Am J Med Qual. 2013 May-Jun;28(3):265. doi: 10.1177/1062860613478730. Epub 2013 Mar 18.
- Herzer KR, Mirrer M, Xie Y, Steppan J, Li M, Jung C, Cover R, Doyle PA, Mark LJ. "Patient safety reporting systems: sustained quality improvement using a multidisciplinary team and "good catch" awards." Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2012 Aug;38(8):339-47.
Activities & Honors
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, 2003