His recent research has focused on assessing the quality of disaster response and improving the medical and public health response capacity. He is also the second editor of an international health textbook (Emergent Field Medicine). He serves on the Editorial Board for the American Medical Associations journal, Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness and is a reviewer for the Annals of Emergency Medicine and was the editor of the international section of the Annals of Emergency Medicine from 1995-2000.
- Pham JC, Alblaihed L, Cheung DS, Levy F, Hill PM, Kelen GD, Pronovost PJ, Kirsch TD. Measuring patient safety in the emergency department. Am J Med Qual. 2014 Mar-Apr;29(2):99-104. doi: 10.1177/1062860613489846. Epub 2013 May 31. PMID: 23728473
- Bayram JD, Sauer LM, Catlett C, Levin S, Cole G, Kirsch TD, Toerper M, Kelen G. Critical resources for hospital surge capacity: an expert consensus panel. PLoS Curr. 2013 Oct 7;5. pii: ecurrents.dis.67c1afe8d78ac2ab0ea52319eb119688. doi: 10.1371/currents.dis.67c1afe8d78ac2ab0ea52319eb119688. PMID: 24162793
- Kirsch T, Siddiqui MA, Perrin PC, Robinson WC, Sauer LM, Doocy S. Satisfaction with the humanitarian response to the 2010 Pakistan floods: a call for increased accountability to beneficiaries. Emerg Med J. 2013 Jul;30(7):565-71. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2012-201226. Epub 2012 Aug 9. PMID: 22878040 [PubMed - in process]
- Doocy S, Jacquet G, Cherewick M, Kirsch TD. The injury burden of the 2010 Haiti earthquake: a stratified cluster survey. Injury. 2013 Jun;44(6):842-7. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2013.01.035. Epub 2013 Feb 22. PMID: 23462045
- Doocy S, Cherewick M, Kirsch T. Mortality following the Haitian earthquake of 2010: a stratified cluster survey. Popul Health Metr. 2013 Apr 25;11(1):5. doi: 10.1186/1478-7954-11-5. PMID: 23618373