Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Antony Rosen, M.B.Ch.B., M.D.
Vice Dean for Research
Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Afrikaans
Research Interests: Autoimmune Rheumatic diseases including Lupus, RA, Scleroderma, Myositis and Sjogren's Syndrome
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1552
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Asthma and Allergy Center 1B.1
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Antony Rosen was an Osler resident and rheumatology fellow at Johns Hopkins Hospital before joining the faculty at Johns Hopkins, where he was appointed a professor in 2002. He has been director of the Division of Rheumatology since then, overseeing a substantial expansion in the fellowship program and building the faculty from 14 to 26, and has been the Vice Dean for Research since 2013.
Dr. Rosen received his medical degree from the University of Cape Town in South Africa in 1984 with first-class honors. After completing his internship in medicine & surgery and a year of postdoctoral study in medical biochemistry, he joined Dr. Alan Aderem at the Rockefeller University to pursue postdoctoral studies in immunology and cellular biology.
- Vice Dean for Research
- Director, Division of Rheumatology
- Mary Betty Stevens Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Cell Biology
- Professor of Pathology
- MBChB, Faculty Of Medicine University Of Cape Town (1984)
- Groote Schuur Hospital (1987)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (1992)
- Rockefeller University Hospital (1990)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Rheumatology (1993)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1993, 2003)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: Antony Rosen Lab
Clinical Trial KeywordsSjogern's
Activities & Honors
- Susan B. and Richard L.Ernst Foundation Fellowship, Cancer Research Institute, 1988 - 1990
- Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences , 1995 - 1999
- Sir William Osler Young Investigator Award, Interurban Clinical Club , 1998
- Henry Kunkel Young Investigator Award, ACR Award of Distinction, 1999
- Burroughs-Wellcome Clinical Scientist Award in Translational Research, 1999 - 2004
- Innovator of the Year finalist, Maryland Arthritis Research Center, 2002
- Volunteer Leadership Award, Arthritis Foundation , 2002
- NIH Merit Award, 2002
- Elected to the American Society of Clinical Investigation, 2003
- David M. Levine Excellence in Mentoring Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, 2005
- Pfizer Visiting Professorship in Rheumatology Award, 2007
- Mary Betty Stevens Award, Maryland Chapter of the American College of Physicians, 2009
- Osler Housestaff teaching award in recognition of outstanding Housestaff teaching by a member of the full time faculty, Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine, 2009
- Visiting Professor, Royal Society of Medicine, 2014
- Board of Directors, American College of Rheumatology
- Board of Scientific Directors, NIAMS
- Chair, American College of Rheumatology
Committee on Journal Publications
- Co-Editor, Arthritis & Rheumatism
- Councilor for Baltimore, Interurban Clinical Club
- TB External Advisory Committee, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Special Consultant for the Health and Science Program, Dana Foundation