Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Paul Joseph Scheel, Jr, M.D.
Director, Division of Nephrology
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Nephrology, Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
Research Interests: Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-0670
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-1800
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Paul J. Scheel, Jr, MD, MBA, is Associate Professor and Director of the Division of Nephrology at The JohnsDr. Paul Scheel Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, both in Baltimore, Maryland. In addition, Dr. Scheel serves as Medical Director of Integrated Renal Solutions in Glen Burnie, Maryland.
After earning his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC, Dr. Scheel completed an internship and residency in internal medicine on the Osler Medical Service at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Subsequently, he completed a fellowship in nephrology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a master of business administration degree at The Johns Hopkins University School of Professional Studies and Education.
Dr. Scheel is board-certified in nephrology. Additionally, he is a Fellow of The American Society of Nephrology and is certified by the American Society of Hypertension.
- Director, Division of Nephrology
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1987)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1990)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (1992)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (1996, 2007)
Activities & Honors
- Academic Award in Biology and Chemistry, 1983
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 1986
- Academic Award in Internal Medicine, 1987
- Americas Top Doctors, 2001 - 2009
- Fellow, American Society of Nephrology, 2005
- Professor of Medicine (Hon), Fudan Univeristy, Shanghai, China, 2006
- American Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
- Renal Physicians Association