Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Vinay Chaudhry, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Co-Director EMG Laboratory
Professor of Neurology
Languages: English, Hindi
Expertise: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Hyperhidrosis, Muscular Dystrophies, Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease
Research Interests: Investigating the clinical and electrophysiological aspects of multifocal motor neuropathy and toxic neuropathies; Defining the role of intravenous immune globulin in neuromuscular diseases; Participates in clinical drug trials for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, toxic neuropathies and defining Wallerian degeneration after nerve injury ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-9167
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Vinay Chaudhry received his medical degree from the All-India Institute of Medical Services in New Delhi, India, the premier medical college in Southeast Asia. He then completed a rotating internship and became junior resident in pediatric surgery at the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences. Next, he became house officer in internal medicine at Preston Hospital & Tynemouth Victoria Jubilee Infirmary in North Shields, England and senior house officer in internal medicine at Llanelli Hospital in Wales, United Kingdom. While in the the United Kingdom, Dr. Chaudhry obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians (M.R.C.P.), equivalent to board certification in internal medicine. He went on to complete a residency in neurology at the University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences and the University of Alabama in Birmingham. He was the chief resident during his last year of training. He then came to Johns Hopkins, where he underwent subspecialty training in clinical and research aspects of neuromuscular diseases.
Dr. Chaudhry currently sees patients at The Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center located in Baltimore on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Co-Director EMG Laboratory
- Director, Neurology Outpatient Clinic
- Professor of Neurology
Departments / Divisions
- Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
- MD, All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (1980)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences / Pediatric Surgery (1981)
- East Dyfed Health Authority / Medicine (1983)
- North Tees General Hospital (1983)
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine / Neurology (1985)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Publ / Neurology (1987)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (1990)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Clinical Neurophysiology (1992, 2017)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology (1989)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neuromuscular Medicine (2006)