Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Carol M Ziminski, M.A., M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Expertise: Rheumatology, Rheumatology, Consultative
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1552
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Asthma and Allergy Center
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Ziminski is the Deputy Director of the Johns Hopkins Rheumatic Disease Unit at the Good Samaritan Hospital. She is known for her clinical skills and teaching programs with a broad interest in the rheumatic diseases. She is Director of the division’s student education program and runs our Clinical Skills course.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine (1976)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (1979)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Rheumatology (1981)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1979)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Rheumatology (1982)
Research & Publications
Her research interests include clinical studies of undifferentiated connective tissue disease.
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Ziminski CE, Wiglesworth A, Austin R, Phillips LR, Mosqueda L. Injury patterns and causal mechanisms of bruising in physical elder abuse. J Forensic Nurs. 2013 Apr-Jun;9(2):84-91; quiz E1-2. doi: 10.1097/JFN.0b013e31827d51d0. PMID: 24158129 [PubMed - in process]
- Phillips LR, Ziminski C. The public health nursing role in elder neglect in assisted living facilities. Public Health Nurs. 2012 Nov;29(6):499-509. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1446.2012.01029.x. Epub 2012 Aug 26. PMID: 23078421 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Ziminski CE, Phillips LR, Woods DL. Raising the index of suspicion for elder abuse: cognitive impairment, falls, and injury patterns in the emergency department. Geriatr Nurs. 2012 Mar-Apr;33(2):105-12. doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2011.12.003. Epub 2012 Jan 17. PMID: 22257963
- Ziminski CE, Phillips LR. Clinical concepts. The nursing role in reporting elder abuse: specific examples and interventions. J Gerontol Nurs. 2011 Nov;37(11):19-23. doi: 10.3928/00989134-20111010-01. Epub 2011 Oct 19. PMID: 22007618
- Park JK, Subhawong AP, Ziminski CM, Grader-Beck T. Dermatomyositis as the initial presentation of a large anaplastic T-cell lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2011 May 1;29(13):e378-80. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2010.33.2528. Epub 2011 Feb 22. No abstract available. PMID: 21343565
Activities & Honors
- Clinican Scholar Educator Award, American College of Rheumatology, 2006 - 2009
- Core Faculty, Vivien Thomas College, JHU Colleges Advisory Program, 2008
- Co-Leader, Vivien Thomas College, JHU Colleges Advisory Program, 2009
- American College of Physicians
Fellow, July 1996
- American College of Rheumatology
- Arthritis Foundation, Maryland Chapter
- Baltimore City Medical Society
- Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
- Lupus Mid-Atlantic
- Maryland Society for the Rheumatic Diseases
- Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of the State of Maryland