Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Robert S Weinberg, M.D.
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cataracts, Cornea/Anterior Segment Disease, External Diseases of the Eye, Iritis, Ophthalmology, Refractive Surgery, Uveitis
Research Interests: Ocular manifestations of systemic disease; Cataract surgery complications
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2360
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2802
10753 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Robert S. Weinberg, M.D., is an associate professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. He specializes in corneal and external eye diseases, cornea surgery, uveitis and refractive surgery (LASIK). His special interests are in consultative ophthalmology, infectious diseases of the eye and ocular manifestations of systemic diseases.
Dr. Weinberg obtained his M.D. degree from Johns Hopkins University and completed two years of training in internal medicine at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. He then completed his ophthalmology residency (and was selected chief resident) at the University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Weinberg also completed a corneal, external disease, and uveitis fellowship at the Francis Proctor Foundation at the University of California in San Francisco and served as director of the cornea service and professor of ophthalmology at the Medical College of Virginia.
Dr. Weinberg sees patients at the Wilmer Eye Institute's Bayview Medical Center location and performs refractive surgery at the Wilmer Laser Vision Center at Green Spring Station.
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD; Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1969)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1971)
- University of Illinois Hosp-Illinois Eye and Ear I / Ophthalmology (1976)
- University of Illinois Hosp-Illinois Eye and Ear I / Ophthalmology (1978)
- University of California San Francisco / Uveitis & External Disease (1977)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1977)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Senior Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Uveitis Society
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Association of Proctor Fellows
- Cornea Society
- Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association