Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Pamela Ann Lipsett, M.D.
Program Director, Surgical Critical Care
Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Critical Care, Surgical Critical Care
Research Interests: Drug development trials; Phase II, III trials of agents for critically ill patients, especially sepsis; Prevention and management of nosocomial infection; Outcomes and cost effectiveness ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Program Director, Surgical Critical Care
- Program Director, General Surgery
- Co-Director Surgical Intensive Care Units
- Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- MD; Medicine, Univ of Massachusetts Medical School-Nursing (1984)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Surgery (1989)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery- General (1990, 2009)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgical Critical Care (1991, 2009)
Activities & Honors
- George J. Stuart Award for Outstanding Clinical Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1994
- George J. Stuart Award for Outstanding Clinical Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1999
- The Professors' Award for Excellence in Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Certificate of Appreciation, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Surgical Infection Society