Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Luis F Gimenez, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Research Interests: The role of immunosuppressive affects in the therapy of membranous GN, IgA nephropathy, focal sclerosis and proliferative GN; Pathophysiology of chronic renal failure ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-0670
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Luis F. Gimenez is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise includes nephrology.
Dr. Gimenez received his medical degree from Facultad de Medicina de la Universidad de Chile. He completed residencies in internal medicine at Hospital Clinico Regional Dr. Guillermo Grant Benavente, Hospital Carlos Van Buren and the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. He performed his fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins.
His research interests include the pathophysiology of chronic renal failure.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Facultad De Medicina Universidad De Chile (1976)
- Hospital Clinico Regional Dr Guillermo Grant Benavente / Internal Medicine (1977)
- Hospital Carlos Van Buren / Internal Medicine (1979)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (1984)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1986)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (1988)
Research & Publications
Dr. Gimenez focuses his research on the pathophysiology of chronic renal failure with emphasis on the different factors that influence the rate of progression of chronic renal disease. Specifically, he is interested in the role that hypertension, calcium phosphorous metabolism abnormalities and dietary manipulations play in the process.
He is also interested in the role of immunosuppressive affects in the therapy of membranous GN, IgA nephropathy, focal sclerosis and proliferative GN.