Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael I Fingerhood, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Addiction Medicine, Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Addictions; HIV
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2999
5200 Eastern Avenue
Mason Lord Building, West Tower, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Michael Fingerhood is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include addiction medicine and internal medicine.
He earned his M.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. He completed his residency at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Fingerhood's research interests include addictions and HIV.
He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of HIV Medicine and the American College of Physicians.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD; Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva Univ (1986)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1989)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1989)
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- College on Problems of Drug Dependence
- HIV Medical Association
- Society of General Internal Medicine
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- “Overdose patients end up repeatedly in hospital,” The Baltimore Sun, Dec. 29, 2014
- “Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending,” USA Today, Sept. 16, 2014