Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Frederick S Berlin, M.D., Ph.D.
Director, Sexual Behavior Consultation Unit
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences , Sexual Disorders
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-539-1661
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-6337
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Asthma and Allergy Center
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Director, Sexual Behavior Consultation Unit
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Dalhousie University (1974)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (1980)
Research & Publications
Dr. Berlin, founder of the Johns Hopkins Sexual Disorders Clinic, specializes in the evaluation and treatment of patients with sexual disorders, such as pedophilia, voyeurism, and exhibitionism.
- Berlin FS, Hunt WP, Malin HM, Dyer A, Lehne GK, Dean S. A Five-Year Plus Follow-up Survey of Criminal Recidivism Within a Treated Cohort of 406 Pedophiles, 111 Exhibitionists and 109 Sexual Aggressives: Issues and Outcome. American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry, 12, 3, pp. 5-28, 1991.
- Saleh F, Berlin FS. Sex Hormones, Neurotransmitters and Psychopharmalogical Treatments in Men with Paraphilic Disorders. Journal of Child Sex Abuse, Vol. 12, No. 3/4. pp. 233-253, 2003. Also published simultaneously in Identifying and Treating Sex Offenders: Current approaches, Research, and Techniques, (ed. Robert Geffner, et al). The Halworth Maltreatment & Trauma Press, New York, pp. 233-253, 2003.
- Fagan PJ, Wise TN, Schmidt CW, Berlin FS. Special Communication of Pedophilia. Journal of the Medical Association, 288, 19, pp. 2458-2465, November, 2002.