I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Daniel Finkelstein, M.D.
Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Diabetic Retinopathy, Ophthalmology, Retinal Vascular Disease, Retinal Vein Occlusion, Retinal Vessel Occlusion, Retinitis Pigmentosa
Research Interests: Vein Occlusion; Bioethics
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Appointment Phone: 410-955-3518
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Finkelstein is a professor of ophthalmology and a member of the Retinal Vascular Center staff. He specializes in the laser management of venous occlusion, laser management of diabetic retinopathy and retinitis pigmentosa. With a joint appointment at the Berman Institute of Bioethics, Dr. Finkelstein's research interests include the medical ethics of the doctor-patient relationship.
Dr. Finkelstein earned his undergraduate degree at Harvard University and his M.D. degree at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the Wilmer Eye Institute, where he also completed fellowship training in retina.
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- MD, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1967)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Ophthalmology (1973)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1974)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1974)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial Keywordsdiabetic retinopathy
Activities & Honors
- President, Macula Society, 2004 - 2006
- Arnall Patz Medal, 1995
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Macula Society