Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Esteban Mezey, M.D.
Chief of Hepatology
Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Clinical Gastroenterology, Digestive Diseases, Elevated Liver Tests, Fatty Liver, Gastroenterology, Hemochromatosis, Hepatitis, Jaundice, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease, Liver Mass, Liver Test Abnormalities, Liver Transplant , Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Sclerosing Cholangitis ...read more
Research Interests: Liver fibrosis
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-933-7495
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0796
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-616-7350
Green Spring Station
2360 W. Joppa Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
- Chief of Hepatology
- Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD; Medicine, Harvard Medical School (1962)
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center / Medicine (1965)
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center / Gastroenterology (1967)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (1975)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1970)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsOriginal Research manuscripts on liver fibrosis
Activities & Honors
- President, American Association for the study of Liver Diseases, 1993
- Distinguished Service Award, American Association for the study of Liver Diseases, 2002
- American Association for the Study of liver Diseases
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- Association of American Physicians
- Research Society on Alcoholism