Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jude Crino, M.D.
Director, First Trimester Screening Program
Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Expertise: Fetal Echo, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Multiple Gestations, Obstetrical Ultrasound, Obstetrics
Research Interests: Perinatal ultrasound; Perinatal infection
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2888
10755 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Dr. Jude Crino is an assistant professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics. His areas of clinical expertise include high-risk pregnancy conditions and prenatal diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Dr. Crino serves as the director of perinatal ultrasound and of the first trimester screening program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Crino earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy from Miami University in Ohio. He completed his M.D. at Wright State University School of Medicine, where he subsequently completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. Crino performed a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Crino joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2000.
Dr. Crino is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and a member of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. He has published numerous peer-reviewed research articles and several book chapters on obstetrics.
- Director, First Trimester Screening Program
- Director, Perinatal Ultrasound
- Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- MD; Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine (1984)
- Wright State University School of Medicine-GME / Obstetrics and Gynecology (1988)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Maternal & Fetal Medicine (1990)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Salazar J, Gabre-Kidan A, Ortega G, Scorpio D, Oldenburg G, Custis H, Ruben D, Albano M, Choo S, Rhee D, Fulton W, Papandria D, Crino JP, Abdullah F. Extracorporeal fetal support: A new animal model with preservation of the placenta. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2014 Oct;49(10):1441-5.
Elliott R, Vallera C, Heitmiller ES, Isaac G, Lee M, Crino J, Boss EF, Ishman SL. Ex utero intrapartum treatment procedure for management of congenital high airway obstruction syndrome in a vertex/breech twin gestation. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Mar;77(3):439-42.
DiPietro JA, Cristofalo EA, Voegtline KM, Crino JP. Isolated prenatal choroid plexus cysts do not affect child development. Prenat Diagn, 2011;31(8):745-9.
Mathews R, North A, Crino J. Fusiform megalourethra and oligohydramnios. Dialogues in Pediatric Urology 2008;29(3):8.
Aina-Mumuney AJ, Holcroft CJ, Blakemore KJ, Bienstock JL, Hueppchen NA, Milio LA, Crino JP. Intrahepatic vein for fetal blood sampling: One center's experience. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;198:387.e1-387. E6
Book Chapters, Monographs
Crino J. Contractions (Premature, Term). In: Horowitz IR and Gomella LG, eds.: Obstetrics and Gynecology On Call. Norwalk, CT: Appleton & Lange, 1993:15-20.
Crino J. Amniocentesis. In: Horowitz IR and Gomella LG, eds.: Obstetrics and Gynecology On Call. Norwalk, CT: Appleton & Lange, 1993:339-46.
Crino J. Amnioinfusion. In: Horowitz IR and Gomella LG, eds.: Obstetrics and Gynecology On Call. Norwalk, CT: Appleton & Lange, 1993:347-8.
Scharfe AC, Crino JP. Preterm Labor and Premature Rupture of Membranes. In: Bankowski BJ, Hearne AE, Lambrou NC, Fox HE, Wallach EE, eds: The Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2002:121-7.
Crino JP. Sickle Cell Disease. In: Toy EC, Yeomans E, Fonseca L, eds: Case Files: High Risk Obstetrics. New York, New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 2010:342-9.
Activities & Honors
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Alumni Faculty Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2003
- Full Member Poster Award, 17th Annual Education Conference, 1998
- Outstanding Faculty, Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, 1998
- Outstanding Academic Faculty, Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, 1994
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education, 1994
- Awarded third place, Gertie Marx Symposium, 23rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Obstetric Anesthesiology and Perinatology, 1991
- Appointed to attend the First Annual National Institute of Child Health and Human Development , Aspen Conference on Maternal-Fetal-Neonatal Medicine, 1989
- President’s List, Miami University, 1978
- Dean’s List, Miami University, 1977 - 1980
- National Honor Society, 1975
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 1993
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2011
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2007 - 2011
- International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society, 2006
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2005
- Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society, 1981
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 1994