Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
John K Boitnott, M.D.
Former Pathologist-in-Chief, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Professor of Pathology
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Meyer Building B-119
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. John Boitnott is a professor of pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His primary area of clinical expertise is liver disease with an associated interest in diseases of the biliary tract and pancreas. Most of his work involves collaborative clinico-pathologic studies.
Dr. Boitnott is the former pathologist-in-chief for The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
He received his medical degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed an internship and residency in pathology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Boitnott is certified by the American Board of Pathology.
- Former Pathologist-in-Chief, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Professor of Pathology
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1957)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pathology (1962)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pathology (1963)
Research & Publications
Dr. Boitnott’s research is related to liver disease, morphology, pathogenesis and informatics. Most of his work involves collaborative clinico-pathologic studies.
- Ayuse T, Brienza N, Revelly JP, Boitnott JK, Robotham JL. "The role ofnitric oxide in the porcine liver circulation under normal and endotoxemic conditions." J Appl Physiol. 78:1319-1329, 1995.
- Allison DC, Bose KK, Hruban RH, Piantadosi S, Dooley WC, Boitnott JK,Cameron JL. "Pancreatic cancer cell DNA content correlates with long-termsurvival after pancreaticoduodenectomy." Ann Surg. 214:648-656, 1991.
- Diehl AM, Boitnott JK, Herlong HF, Potter JJ, Van Duyn MA, Chandler E,Mezey E. "Effect of parenteral amino acid supplementation in alcoholichepatitis." Hepatology. 5:57-63, 1989.
- Christensen WN, Boitnott JK, Kuhajda FP. "Immunoperoxidase staining as adiagnostic aid for hepatocellular carcinoma." Mod Pathol. 2:8-12, 1989.