Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Nagi F Khouri, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, Arabic, French
Expertise: Breast Biopsy, Breast Cancer, Diagnostic Radiology, Mammography, Stereotactic Biopsy, Ultrasound
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Green Spring Station
10755 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Dr. Nagi Khouri is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science and the Department of Oncology. His area of clinical expertise includes diagnostic radiology, with a focus on breast imaging and breast cancer.
He was the first to introduce image guided breast biopsies in Maryland. From 2002 to 2012, Dr. Khouri was the Director of Breast Imaging at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Nagi F. Khouri earned his M.D. degree from the American University of Beirut in 1971. Following his residency training at Johns Hopkins in 1975, he was board certified in radiology and joined the Johns Hopkins faculty as a chest radiologist.
Dr. Khouri's research interests include interventional breast procedures and tomosynthesis.
Dr. Khouri was voted among the top 10 Women’s Imagers by Medical Imaging in 2006 and 2007. He has focused his international efforts on promoting breast health for women in the Middle East and the developing world, working with governments, hospitals, medical organizations and NGOs.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Associate Professor of Oncology
Departments / Divisions
- MD, American University of Beirut (1971)
- American University of Beirut / Diagnostic Radiology (1973)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Diagnostic Radiology (1975)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Radiology (1976)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1975)
Research & Publications
- Subhawong, A.P.; Subhawong, T.K.; Khouri, N.; Tsangaris, T.; Nassar, H. "Incidental minimal atypical lobular hyperplasia on core needle biopsy: correlation with findings on follow-up excision." Am J Surg Pathol. 2010 Jun;34(6):822-828.
- Jacobs, M.A.; Stearns, V.; Wolff, A.C.; Macura, K.; Argani, P.; Khouri, N.; Tsangaris, T.; Barker, P.B.; Davidson, N.E.; Bhujwalla, Z.M.; Bluemke, D.A.; Ouwerkerk, R. "Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging, spectroscopy and multinuclear ((2)(3)Na) imaging monitoring of preoperative chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancer." Acad Radiol. 2010 Dec;17(12):1477-1485.
- Mattoso, R.; Khouri, N.; de Jesus, L.; Marcilio de Souza, C.A. "Risk factors for graft dysfunction in the late period of renal transplantation." Transplant Proc. 2009 Jun;41(5):1594-1598.
- Jain, A.; Haisfield-Wolfe, M.E.; Lange, J.; Ahuja, N.; Khouri, N.; Tsangaris, T.; Zhang, Z.; Balch, C.; Jacobs, L.K. "The role of ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of axillary nodes in the staging of breast cancer." Ann Surg Oncol. 2008 Feb;15(2):462-471.
- Ouwerkerk, R.; Jacobs, M.A.; Macura, K.J.; Wolff, A.C.; Stearns, V.; Mezban, S.D.; Khouri, N.F.; Bluemke, D.A.; Bottomley, P.A. "Elevated tissue sodium concentration in malignant breast lesions detected with non-invasive 23Na MRI." Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007 Dec;106(2):151-160.
- Cooney, C.S.; Khouri, N.F.; Tsangaris, T.N. "The role of breast MRI in the management of patients with breast disease." Adv Surg. 2008;42:299-312.
Activities & Honors
- Top 10 Women's Imagers by Medical Imaging, 2007
- Top 10 Women's Imagers by Medical Imaging, 2006
- Advisory Committee to the Jordan Breast Cancer Program, 2009
- Advisory Committee to the Lebanon Cancer Program, 2010
- Breast Cancer Advisory Committee for DHMH, 1995