Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Peter Anthony Campochiaro, M.D.
Director, Retinal Cell and Molecular Laboratory
Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Diabetic Macular Edema, Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, Age-Related, Macular Holes, Macular Puckers, Ophthalmology, Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy, Retinal Detachment, Retinal Vessel Occlusion ...read more
Research Interests: Mechanisms involved in ocular neovascularization; Development of new treatments for ocular neovascularization; Mechanisms involved in retinal degenerations; Development of new treatments for retinal degenerations; Ocular Gene Therapy; Clinical trials of ocular neovascularization and macular edema ...read more
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Appointment Phone: 410-955-3518
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director, Retinal Cell and Molecular Laboratory
- George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Professor of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Professor of Neuroscience
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1978)
- University of Virginia Health System / Ophthalmology (1982)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1983)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: Retinal Cell and Molecular Laboratory