Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Stan L Coleman, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Glaucoma, Ophthalmology
Research Interests: 1961 National Institute of Health Production of pine pollen granulomata
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2800
Green Spring Station
10753 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21093 map
Stan Coleman, M.D., is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is a comprehensive ophthalmologist with a specialty in glaucoma; and is board certified in ophthalmology. Dr. Coleman has been practicing in the Baltimore area for over 30 years. He performs comprehensive evaluations and sees glaucoma patients.
Dr. Coleman received his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He completed his residency at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri after an internship at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine (1958)
- Washington University School of Medicine (1963)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1964)
Research & Publications
Selected Publications*S. Coleman, W.R. Green, A. Patz. Vascular Tufts of the Pupillary Margin of the Iris, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 83(6):881, June 1977.
*S. Coleman, S. Brull, W. R. Green. Sarcoid of the Lacrimal Sac and Surrounding Area, Archives of Ophthalmology, 88, December 1972.
*H.K. Goldberg, S. Coleman. Episcleral Osteoma, Sinai Hospital Journal, 15(1),1969.
*B. Becker, Hanns-Hellmuth Unger, S. Coleman, E. Keates. Plasma Cells and Gamma Globulin in the Trabecular Meshwork of Eyes with Primary Open Angle Glaucoma, Archives of Ophthalmology, 70:38-41, 1963.
*S. Coleman, T.E. Sanders, B. Fields. Wilsons Disease: A Spectro-analytical Study, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 56: 297-300, 1963.
*S. Coleman, B. Becker. Gamma Gloubulin in the Diabetic Eye, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 55(2): 239-243, 1963.
*B. Becker, S. Coleman, E. Keates. Gamma Gloubin in Ocular Diseases,Transactions of the American Ophthalmology Society, 60:260-263, 1962.
*S. Coleman, S. Canaan. The Effects of Cortisone on Pine Pollen Induced Uveitis in Guinea Pigs, Investigative Ophthalmology, 1(6):751-755, 1962.
*B. Becker, E. Keates, S. Coleman. Gamma Gloubin in the Trabecular Meshwork of Glaucomatous Eyes, Archives of Ophthalmology, 68:643-647,1962, Yearbook of Ophthalmology, Pg 146, 1963-64.
*S. Coleman, B. Becker, S. Cannaan, L. Rosenbaum. Flourescent Insulin Staining of the Diabetic Eye, Diabetes, 2(5):375-378, 1962.
*S. Coleman. The Experimental Production of Pine Pollen Granulomata of the Iris in Hypersensitized Guinea Pigs, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 51(5):941- 945, May 1961, Yearbook of Ophthalmology, Pg 209, 1961-1962
Activities & Honors
- Guest speaker, AOS, 1962
- Immunology of the Diabetic Eye, American Ophthalmology Society, 1960
- Experimental Production of the Iris by Pine Pollen In Hypersensitized Guinea Pigs, Association for Research and Ophthalmolo, 1960
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1965
- Association for Research in Ophthalmology, 1963 - 2005
- Contact Lens Society, 1965 - 2003
- Maryland Ophthalmological Society, 1971 - 1972
- Med- Chi, 1965
- Society of Military Ophthalmologists, 1963 - 1965
- Experimental Production of the Iris by Pine Pollen In Hypersensitized Guinea Pigs , Association for Research and Ophthalmology, 1960
- Immunology of the Diabetic Eye, American Ophthalmology Society, 1962
- Resident Education, Sinai Hospital, 1965 - 1978
- Team Ophthalmologist Baltimore, Maryland, Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Colts, 1965 - 1972