Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Margaret M Brennan, M.D.
Director, Noninvasive Cardiology at GBMC
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Cardiology, Echocardiography, General Cardiology, Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Valvular Heart Disease ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Cardiology - GBMC
Appointment Phone: 443-997-0270
6701 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21204 map
Dr. Margaret M. Brennan is an assistant professor of medicine at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is also a cardiovascular physician and director of noninvasive cardiology at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center. She was named a U.S. News and World Report Top Doctor in 2012.
Dr. Brennan received her undergraduate degree in biology from Williams University. She earned a medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine before completing a masters of health science from the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health. She completed a residency at Vanderbilt University Hospital, where she was awarded chief resident 1985-1986. Dr. Brennan joined the Johns Hopkins as a fellow in 1986.
Dr. Brennan is a member of the American Society of Echocardiography and a fellow with the American College of Physicians. Her work has been recognized most recently through being awarded Baltimore Magazine’s “Top Docs” Cardiology in 2014 and 2015.
- Director, Noninvasive Cardiology at GBMC
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (1981)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1984)
- Vanderbilt University Hospital / Internal Medicine (1986)
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland / Clinical Pharmacology (1985)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (1989)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (1989)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1986)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- U.S. News and World Report, named “Top Doctor” 2012
- Baltimore Magazine “Top Docs” Cardiology November 2014, November 2015.
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- American Heart Association, Clinical Cardiology Council
- American Society of Echocardiography
- National Board of Echocardiography, 2006