I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sally Elizabeth Mitchell, M.D.
Medical Director, Johns Hopkins HHT Center
Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Expertise: Chronic Total Occlusions, Claudication, Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT), Interventional Radiology, Lower Extremity Angioplasty, Lower Extremity Stenting, Pediatric Interventional , Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), Peripheral Vascular Disease, Renal Artery Disease, Renal Vascular Disease, Varicocele, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Vascular Malformations, Venous Thromboembolism, Visceral Angioplasty, Visceral Stenting ...read more
Research Interests: Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT); Vascular Malformations
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0100
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
10755 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
1800 Orleans Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Sally Mitchell is a Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science and an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics. Her areas of clinical expertise include pediatric interventional, vascular anomalies, hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) management of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations, varicocele embolization and evaluation of pediatric renovascular hypertension.
Dr. Mitchell serves as the Medical Director of Johns Hopkins HHT Center, the Director of Vascular Anomalies Interventional, the Director of Pediatric Interventional and Associate Director of Interventional Radiology Center at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Mitchell graduated summa cum laude from Ohio University and completed her medical training with an M.D. from Ohio State University. After her residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Cincinnati, she completed a fellowship there in computed tomography (CT), ultrasound and interventional radiology. She continued subspecialty training at Johns Hopkins in interventional radiology and subsequently joined the faculty.
Dr. Mitchell's research interests include vascular malformations and HHT.
Dr. Mitchell is a Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology and Fellow of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe. She is a member of the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies, the American College of Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America.
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins HHT Center
- Director, Vascular Anomalies Interventional
- Director, Pediatric Interventional
- Associate Director, Interventional Radiology Center
- Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine (1976)
- University of Cincinnati Hospital - GME / Radiology (1980)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1981)
- University of Cincinnati Hospital - GME / Interventional Radiology (1981)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1980)
- American Board of Radiology / Vascular & Interventional Radiology (1996)
Research & Publications
Dr. Mitchell’s research and clinical interests include pediatric interventional, vascular anomalies, hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia management of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations, varicocele embolization and evaluation of pediatric renovascular hypertension.
Clinical Trial KeywordsVenous Malformation Treatment with Ethanol Gel
Activities & Honors
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Fellow of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe
- American College of Radiology
- International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies
- Radiological Society of North America