I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jay R Shapiro, M.D.
Dr. Jay Shapiro
Appointment Phone: 301-530-9388
10215 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Jay R. Shapiro, MD, F.A.C.E, F.A.C.P, is a medical staff member at Suburban Hospital and currently practicing endocrinology in Bethesda, MD. He is a very experienced board-certified endocrinologist and internist, who specializes in osteoporosis and bone disorders.
Dr. Shapiro recently served as the Director of the Bone and Osteogenesis Imperfecta Department at the Kennedy Krieger Institute and was a consultant in endocrinology and bone disorders to specialized neurogenetic clinics there as well. From 1997 to 2004, Dr. Shapiro chaired the Bone Team for the National Space Biomedical Research Institute, Houston. In 2014 Dr. Shapiro edited the text: Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a Transitional Approach to Brittle Bone Disease, Elsevier.
Dr. Shapiro is a graduate of Franklin and Marshall College and the Boston University School of Medicine. He is an adjunct professor of medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and has served as a professor in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, where he directed the General Clinical Research Center, Bayview Campus.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine (1957)
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center / Internal Medicine (1959)
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center / Internal Medicine (1962)
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center / Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism (1961)
- National Institutes of Health-Credentialing Services Section / Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism (1964)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Endocrinology/Diabetes/Metabolism (1972)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1964)