Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Tao Qiu, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Research Interests: Mechanism of parathyroid hormone function in bone; Molecular genetics of TGF-Beta in osteoblasts
Dr. Tao Qiu is an assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His research focuses on molecular genetics of TGF-Beta in osteoblasts and the mechanisms of parathyroid hormone function in bone.
Dr. Qiu earned his Ph.D. from the Chinese Academy of Science. He completed his fellowship at University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Qiu is a member of the American Society for Bone & Mineral Research.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Centers & Institutes
- M.Sc., Chinese Academy of Sciences (China) (1997)
- Ph.D., Chinese Academy of Sciences (China) (2001)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Peng Y, Tao QS, Liang YB, Friedman DS, Yang XH, Jhanji V, Duan XR, Sun LP, Wang NL. "Eye care use among rural adults in China: the Handan Eye Study." Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2013 Oct;20(5):274-80. doi: 10.3109/09286586.2013.823216.
- Qiu T, Ma X, Ye M, Yuan R, Wu Y. "Purification, structure, lipid lowering and liver protecting effects of polysaccharide from Lachnum YM281." Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15;98(1):922-30. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2013.07.014.
- Huan XP, Bao SL, Yang HT, Xu JS, Qiu T, Zhang X, Pan L, Zhu ZK, Guo W, Wang L. "The application of network scale-up method on female sex workers and clients size estimation in Taizhou city." Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2013 Mar;47(3):233-7. Chinese.
- Liang JL, Tao K, Qiu T, Liu XY. "Repair of lower extremity traumatic soft tissue defect with ALT polyfoliate perforator flap." Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2012 Sep;28(5):340-3. Chinese.
- Qiu T, Wang L, Liu XH, Weng XD, Kuang YL, Chen ZY, Chen H, Zhu HC. "Over-expressing transporters associated with antigen processing increases antitumor immunity response in prostate cancer." Cell Immunol. 2012 Oct;279(2):167-73. doi:
Activities & Honors
- American Society for Bone & Mineral Research