Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Plastic surgery offers people the opportunity to enhance parts of their body, or to restore their body to a more healthy and attractive state. Taking advantage of cosmetic surgery can help people improve your self-confidence and help improve your body image. Body contouring refers to the surgical procedures that improve the appearance of skin and tissue after major weight loss.
What You Need to Know:
- Body contouring or body sculpting refers to surgical procedures that improve the appearance of skin and tissue after major weight loss.
- Body contouring surgeries can include panniculectomy or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction and excisional body lifts, such as a lower body lift, breast lift or breast augmentation, arm lift (brachioplasty), inner thigh lift or buttock augmentation.
- Body contouring can help restore breast shape or remove excess fat and sagging skin after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Body Contouring After Weight Loss: What You Need to Know
- Visit our Health Library to learn more about liposuction and other body contouring procedures.
Conditions We Treat
Our plastic surgeons offer body contouring procedures including:
- Arm Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Inner Thigh Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Scar Revisions
- Tummy Tuck
Why choose Johns Hopkins?
At Johns Hopkins, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of plastic surgeons who have been fully trained in plastic and reconstructive procedures by surgeons renowned in their fields. We offer a full range of plastic surgery procedures for the body—as well as consultation and comprehensive patient care at various sites in and around Baltimore, Maryland, including The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, White Marsh and Green Spring Station.
The experts at Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland work with you to achieve ideal results after weight loss. Taking advantage of body contouring surgery can help people improve their self-confidence and give them a better body image.
Meet Our Physicians: