I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Plastic surgery offers people the opportunity to enhance parts of their body, or to restore their body to a more healthy and attractive state. Taking advantage of cosmetic surgery can help improve your self-confidence and body image. Body contouring refers to the surgical procedures that improve the appearance of skin and tissue after major weight loss.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins?
- At Johns Hopkins, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of plastic surgeons who have been fully trained in plastic and reconstructive procedures by surgeons renowned in their fields.
- We offer a full range of plastic surgery procedures for the body—as well as consultation and comprehensive patient care at various sites in and around Baltimore, Maryland, including The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, White Marsh and Green Spring Station.
Our plastic surgeons offer body contouring procedures including:
- Arm Lift: An arm lift firms and reshapes the upper arm from the elbow to the shoulder. An arm lift removes sagging skin and fat.
- Breast Augmentation: Many women opt to have breast augmentation surgery in order to change the shape of their breasts or increase their fullness. For women who have had children or lost a great deal of weight, breast enhancement can restore lost volume.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift raises the breasts by removing excess skin, tightening the tissue and moving the nipples up.
- Breast Reduction: Breast reduction can help alleviate neck strain, headaches, aching shoulders, low back pain, chronic infections under the breast fold, or reshape your breasts to make them more pleasing to you.
- Inner Thigh Lift: For people who have lost a lot of weight or those who have sagging skin on their thighs because of aging, a thigh lift offers a more toned and taut appearance.
- Liposuction: A process that removes excess fat deposits.
- Lower Body Lift: A lower body lift combines a tummy tuck with a thigh lift and buttock lift. People who have lost a lot of weight, often through bariatric surgery, sometimes want to have a lower body lift to remove excess sagging skin.
- Scar Revisions: Scar treatment using plastic surgery techniques including topical treatments, injectable treatments or surface treatments.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck flattens your abdomen by removing excess fat and skin from the abdominal area and tightening the muscles.
The experts at Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland work with you to achieve ideal results after weight loss. Taking advantage of body contouring surgery can help you improve your self-confidence and give you a better body image.
Meet Our Physicians: