I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Joint and Muscle
Joint and muscle pain can interfere with your ability to work and perform everyday activities as well as sports and recreational pursuits. Our specially-trained rehabilitation physicians (physiatrists) and therapists use the most effective techniques and the latest technologies to pinpoint the source of your joint or muscle pain, treat your symptoms and get you back into life – whether that be at work, in the home, or on the field. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about how we can treat your joint or muscle pain.
- Physiatry – Rehabilitation Physicians
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
Radiofrequency Ablation | Q & A with Dr. Kotcharian
Physical medicine specialist Ashot Kotcharian, M.D., talks about radiofrequency ablation (RFA). He discusses how it works to help with knee pain, who can benefit from it and what results you may expect after this procedure. RFA is a low-risk nonsurgical treatment option for knee pain of varying causes that selectively targets nerves around the knee joint to minimize pain.
Common conditions treated
- Automobile injuries/whiplash
- Dance-related injuries
- Foot and ankle injury
- Golf injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Joint replacement
- Muscle, joint, and ligament injuries
- Running related injuries
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Sports injuries
- Hand Therapy
- Performing Arts Program
- Prosthetics (artificial limbs) and orthotics (braces)
- Performance Enhancement Programs
- Bike – computerized and high-speed video evaluation of cycle fit
- Dance – pre-Pointe, injury risk screening and Pilates
- Golf – Titleist Performance Institute 3D computerized swing assessment
- Play – pre-participation sports concussion screening
- Run – computerized and video assessment of running mechanics
Listen to a podcast from Aaron Keil, PT, DPT, OCS, about healthy running and the minimalist footwear.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.