Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
If an illness or injury is preventing you from functioning in your job, our team of doctors and therapists can help. Through our functional capacity evaluations and a customized work conditioning program, we will help you set attainable goals for recovering function.
- Physiatry – Rehabilitation Physicians
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Rehabilitation Psychology
Work conditioning and more
Our team is able to evaluate and treat acute and chronic injuries and conditions resulting from work-related injury with a goal of returning the patient to work as quickly and safely as possible. Select therapists have received training through Workwell Systems, Inc. and are able to perform Pre-Work Screens, Functional Capacity Evaluations, and Return to Work Evaluations.
- Pre-work screen. This is a job-specific screening process to assess whether a client can meet the demands of a job.
- Functional capacity evaluation (FCE). This two-day assessment measures functional capabilities including repetitive lifting capacity, repetitive push/pull/carrying capacities, hand grip strength, tolerance for elevated work, balance, repetitive squat, maximum walking capacity, and more.
- Return to work evaluations. This is a job-specific evaluation to assess whether a person can return to work.
- Work conditioning. This is job-specific training that provides educational sessions, a complete exercise program, and simulated work activities. The program lasts 2-6 weeks, depending on your goals and progress.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.